At PoolSupplyWorld, we understand that a good pool experience begins with working equipment and healthy, clean water. Follow these simple steps to get your pool ready for a fun swim season!
✔ Empty the Pump Basket
- Empty all debris and leaves from the pool pump basket.
- Replace the pump basket if cracked or damaged. This is a quick and inexpensive fix. Find Replacement Pool Pump Baskets HERE.
✔ Check the Pool Filter Pressure Gauge
- Pressure should be at zero while the pool pump is OFF. If not a zero, we recommend that you replace the pressure gauge. Find a replacement pressure gauge for your pool filter HERE.
✔ Lubricate O-Rings
- This may be the easiest step to forget, but one of the most important.
- Lubricate O-Rings in the pump lid, pool filter and backwash valves (if applicable).
- Replace O-Rings if they are stretched or don’t seal tight. Find replacement O-Rings HERE.
✔ Clean the Pool Filter and Backwash (if applicable)
- Clean the Cartridge Elements. Replace the pool filter cartridges if cracked, torn or damaged.
- Backwash the D.E. Filter and add D.E. Powder, as needed.
- Backwash the Sand Filter. Replace the filter sand if its older than 3 years.
✔ Check the Salt Cell
- If you own a salt chlorination system, check the salt cell for calcium buildup. If buildup is present, we recommend cleaning the cell. Try using a Salt Cell Cleaner like EasyCare BeauTec. Make it easier by placing your Salt Cell on our Salt Cell Cleaning Stand.
- If your pool salt cell is beyond repair, it may be time for a new cell. Shop replacement salt cells HERE.
✔ Balance the Pool Water
- Using the results for your water test, balance the water with the associated pool chemicals.
- For more information on what chemicals to use and when, visit our pool chemicals page HERE.