|If you’ve been looking to replace or upgrade your pool light or spa light, you’ve come to the right place. When looking for a replacement, there are six questions we need to answer:|
1. What is the outside diameter and depth of your existing pool/spa light?
2. Is there any part number inside of the niche?
3. What is the wattage? (This would be located on the bulb itself)
4. What is the voltage? Is it 12V or 120V? If you’re unsure, do you have a transformer?
5. What cord length is needed?
6. Which type of light are you interested in?
Questions one through five will help us determine which specifications you need in a replacement light. Number six basically depends on what type of light you’d like to switch to. You can choose between, LED and Halogen lights. Halogen lights are the older versions and last anywhere from 800 – 2,000 hours. LED lights tend to be much brighter, last 70,000 – 100,000 hours, and are a lot more energy efficient. With an LED light you can save up to 90% on your energy bill each month.
As far as colors go, you can choose between a white light and color-changing light. You don’t need anything extra to run a color light, it is installed and used the same way as a white light; the colors can be changed by flipping the switch on/off.
Hopefully this makes choosing your next light an easy task. If you still need help finding a compatible replacement pool or spa light or need another suggestion, please let us know.